Saturday, November 10, 2012

Election Thoughts, Part 1


I deeply love and am proud of my country; therefore, i for one was deeply saddened at last night's election results. But I love my God even more and am finding, through tears and emotional weakness, that a deeper, more lasting, and unchanging JOY & REST - no matter what happens in our nation or world at large -comes when knowing HIM as my King of Kings.

He will one day 'make all things right'. He raises up leaders and tears them down. He is on His throne and He ALONE is in control. That's what's keeping me together right now, to be honest, when there is real reason to fear as a nation and the future doesn't look much brighter. BUT one day, it will be so bright for those who love Him that all of these temporal trials we will be called to endure will pale in comparison to beholding His beautiful face and being taken up in His strong, comforting arms. 

Amazing how trials set the stage for Jesus to speak 

most clearly to His little ones, isn't it? 



"Though you live in a faithless world, you dwell in a faithful God."
~ Spurgeon



woke up singing this hymn (The Solid Rock):


My hope is built on nothing less

Than Jesus’ blood and righteousness;
I dare not trust the sweetest frame,
But wholly lean on Jesus’ name.



When darkness veils His lovely face,
I rest on His unchanging grace;
In every high and stormy gale,
My anchor holds within the veil.



His oath, His covenant, His blood
Support me in the whelming flood;
When all around my soul gives way,
He then is all my hope and stay.



When He shall come with trumpet sound,
Oh, may I then in Him be found;
Dressed in His righteousness alone,
Faultless to stand before the throne.



Refrain: 
On Christ, the solid Rock, I stand;
All other ground is sinking sand,
All other ground is sinking sand.



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


"For to us a child is born, to us a son is given, and the government will be on his shoulders. And he will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace." Isaiah 9:6


He holds our government on his shoulders, He holds us in His heart.

...Brings me to tears in humble worship...


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


read this last night and i feel it directly relates to the state of our nation and a great reminder of God's amazing, redemptive justice that WILL come to pass on that day when all tears will be wiped away...

Psalm 9:

I will give thanks to you, Lord, with all my heart;
I will tell of all your wonderful deeds.
 I will be glad and rejoice in you;
I will sing the praises of your name, O Most High.
 My enemies turn back; they stumble and perish before you.
 For you have upheld my right and my cause,
    sitting enthroned as the righteous judge.
 You have rebuked the nations and destroyed the wicked;
    you have blotted out their name for ever and ever.
 Endless ruin has overtaken my enemies,
    you have uprooted their cities;
    even the memory of them has perished.
 The Lord reigns forever;
    he has established his throne for judgment.

 He rules the world in righteousness
    and judges the peoples with equity.
 The Lord is a refuge for the oppressed,
    a stronghold in times of trouble.
 Those who know your name trust in you,
    for you, Lord, have never forsaken those who seek you.
 Sing the praises of the Lord, enthroned in Zion;
    proclaim among the nations what he has done.
 For he who avenges blood remembers;
    he does not ignore the cries of the afflicted.
 Lord, see how my enemies persecute me!
    Have mercy and lift me up from the gates of death,
 that I may declare your praises
    in the gates of Daughter Zion,
    and there rejoice in your salvation.
 The nations have fallen into the pit they have dug;
    their feet are caught in the net they have hidden.
 The Lord is known by his acts of justice;
    the wicked are ensnared by the work of their hands.[c]
 The wicked go down to the realm of the dead,
    all the nations that forget God.
 But God will never forget the needy;
    the hope of the afflicted will never perish.
 Arise, Lord, do not let mortals triumph;
    let the nations be judged in your presence.

 Strike them with terror, Lord;
    let the nations know they are only mortal.

No comments: